Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Fundraisers, fundraisers, fundraisers!

We had our photo shoot fundraiser this past weekend, and it went better than we could have expected! The weather had been SO rainy the entire week leading up to it, but the rain held off until about 15 minutes after our last session ended! Thank you God!

My talented friend (and Mama-to-be!) Sarah donated her time and skills to our cause. We set up 14 mini sessions. Each family had a 20 minute slot, paid $50, and gets to have all of their (edited) photos on a CD to print! We were fortunate enough to be able to use The House Of Refuge as the location, and it couldn't have been a more perfect spot! We were able to be on the beach, without having to be ON the beach. This way we could still utilize the gorgeous setting, but skip out on the sand factor and enjoy the air conditioning between sessions. Mrs.Preggo photographer was especially thankful for that part :) Our sessions ran from 10am-12:20, and then we took a 3 and 1/2 hour break while the museum was open, and resumed sessions from 4-6:20. It worked out nicely because we got to leave and enjoy a delicious lunch at Benihanna. 

Sarah posted a sneak preview of some of the pictures on her Facebook page, so you'll have to check them out!! (https://www.facebook.com/pages/SJC-Photography-Sarah-Curtis/331412960849) Here is one of the Brinson side of our family (minus the parent in-laws). We made these chalkboard signs (I made Sarah write on them with her good handwriting!) that said "Growing In Our Hearts". The best way I can describe to my little nieces and nephews about adoption is by telling them that Auntie's baby is growing in our hearts, instead of Auntie's tummy. Sophie (my 4 year old niece) loves to "kiss" my baby and "talk" to it by talking into my "heart". She always tells people that Auntie's baby is in her heart. SO adorable. 





We can't thank Sarah enough for all she's done with this project, and because of her and our wonderful models, we raised over $700! We are so grateful! If you ever need family pictures done, this is the girl to see! She's quick, affordable and creates beautiful photos. 

As we wrapped up that fundraiser, I got a very unexpected (but awesome!) message from a girl who had read our story from a friend who had shared our blog. She said that she was so touched by our story that she wanted to help in any way she could. She sells Mary Kay cosmetics, so she offered 100% of her profit from any of our friends and family that ordered this week to go directly to the Baby Brinson fund! I was so blown away, that a perfect stranger would want to help us in such a generous way. As it turns out, we are connected in about 7,232 ways, LOL. God is cool like that :) So I get to meet her tomorrow and I am excited to get to meet the face behind this! Here is her site, so if you need any skin care or makeup, now is a great time to shop! http://www.marykay.com/baten

The next fundraiser on the list is a Cut-A-Thon!!! We are tentatively planning for Sunday, August 11th (most likely). The girls (and guy!) from Shears of Joy are donating their time and skills to help us raise money! I am so excited about this!! We will probably be doing some raffles and other fun stuff, so keep your eyes out and mark your calendar! A great way for you to get a good haircut for a good cause :) I have been slacking on getting the word out there on this one, so I need to get with it before it gets any closer!

That's a wrap on the fundraiser news for now! Whew! I feel like I am bombarding people with fundraiser after fundraiser...but don't worry, soon I'll be bombarding you with pictures of my adorable child :)


Quick update on the process: We have one more quick meeting with the social worker, to finish up a little bit of paper work, and then we just wait for our Homestudy (that's all the paperwork, meetings, background checks, bloodwork, etc...) to get the final stamp of approval and then we WAIT! I pray we won't have to wait TOO long, but I know that God's timing is way better than what we can hope or imagine, and in His time, the perfect baby, our baby, will join our family. (Feel free to remind me of this when I get anxious:)

No comments:

Post a Comment